Wednesday, July 27, 2011

WIP Wednesday: July 27, 2011

Thanks to my wonderful mother, I made a lot of progress this week. She graciously offered the use of her newer machine for machine quilting as well as baby-sitting while I quilted, so I was able to dust off two old projects and quilt them. They are going to be gifts, so you only get a sneak peek this week. My dad also helped by baby-sitting while Mom and I figured out a tension problem that resulted in a whole lot of unpicking. I hope when my daughter grows up that she enjoys spending time with her parents as much as I enjoy spending time with mine.

Check out Freshly Pieced for more WIP Wednesday goodness.

Current Projects

Aqua and Red Table Runner (aka Unblogable #3) At one point, I started this as a gift for a friend, but decided it wasn’t right for her and made her something entirely different. Since then, I have decided that she needs this too, so I pulled it out this week and machine quilted it. Now all it needs is binding.



Batik Quilt: I received this kit as a gift ages ago. The top has been done for some time, but I didn’t know how I was going to quilt it, so it hung in the closet, neglected. This weekend I machine quilted it in a cross-hatch pattern, my current favorite. It also needs to be bound. My little helper loved the bright colors.



Kaleidoscope Quilt Along {15/35 blocks complete}: While I did not enjoy using templates, I am very much enjoying this quilt over all. I can’t wait to finish it and wrap my little girl up in it.



Warm Cool Quilt Along: I. Love. This. Quilt. I finished the top recently and have it hanging in my dining room because it makes me so happy to look at it, even in its unfinished state. I am auditioning binding and backing and am enjoying a slower pace with this mini quilt.



On Hold
Blueberry Pie
Call Me Crazy {17/42 blocks complete}
Color Book
Scrappy Nine-Patch {12/70 blocks complete}
Valentine’s Day Half-Square Triangles

Stats
New projects: 0
Completed projects: 0
Total projects: 14

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

3 comments:

  1. Awwww. Love being with you too and I enjoy helping so you can make progress! Your kaleidoscope is looking SO good! And I can't wait to see how your warm/cool turns out, including your pic for binding!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the batiks. Yeah, I don't relish templates, either, but they are handy for certain results - which makes them worth using. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the warm cool, it pops! maybe the hot pink for backing and the stripes for binding? I think that would look cool. It's nice that your mom and dad helped you get stuff done, i like hanging out with mine, too :D

    ReplyDelete