Monday, July 4, 2011

Seventh Finish of 2011: Yellow Brick Road #1


Years ago my mom made a series of baby quilts using the Yellow Brick Road pattern from Atkinson Designs. I liked those quilts so much that I bought the pattern and held onto it for years. Recently I was inspired to make quilts for two special babies and decided to finally use this pattern. I finished the first quilt and now it is waiting to be gifted. This was the first quilt that I machine quilted! I love the bright colors. I had saved this fabric, something or other by Lakehouse, for ages and am happy about how well it worked with the pattern I chose. I especially like the fun gingham backing and binding, which is a more recent Lakehouse fabric.


1 comment:

  1. Congrats on another finish - darling baby quilt! Love the rolled photo - the wavy quilting - the gingham binding. nice!

    ReplyDelete