Thursday, July 7, 2011

Eighth Finish of 2011: Forest Friends Embroidery


I’m a rather domestic person in general, but while I was pregnant, my nesting urges took an unexpected turn. Suddenly, I wanted to embroider. At first, I didn't know what I wanted to embroider, just that I wanted to. I started poking around the interwebs and stumbled upon the Forest Friends transfers from Sublime Stitching. They were the perfect for our forest themed nursery. I ordered a kit, and then promised myself that I would start stitching them once I had completed all the thank you notes for the plethora of baby gifts we had received. I didn’t finish the thank you notes until the day I checked into the hospital, so I didn’t start working on these until after my baby was born. It actually took two long road trips for me to start and complete all three pieces. I added the Spanish word for each animal, for that personal touch. I’m very happy with how they turned out, but if I were to make them again, I would do two things differently. First, I would not use variegated thread. Second, I would frame them in embroidery hoops and not in picture frames. Now I just have to think of other things to embroider forest animals on.

1 comment:

  1. OH, they are darling!! Baby is going to love them & they will look fantastic in her nursery! So nice, Rachel!

    ReplyDelete