Wednesday, July 20, 2011

WIP Wednesday: July 20, 2011

Inspiration sure can be fickle. One minute the Color Book was my top priority, and the next minute my inspiration decided to take a detour to my quilt alongs. I think this may be why I have so many WIPs. At least I haven’t started anything new lately.

Check out Freshly Pieced for more WIP Wednesday goodness.

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

Current Projects

Kaleidoscope Quilt Along: I do not like using templates at all. It’s so slow! Luckily, I love how this quilt is coming together, so it’s worth it, just this once. My husband has generously offered to help with the ironing, which is speeding this up nicely. A bunch of the block quarters are finished, so I now have a feel for how the blocks are going to turn out. I’d love to have the top pieced this week so I can machine quilt it this weekend.


 
Warm Cool Quilt Along: I have loved this quilt from the day I started it, and it has not let up. I am way behind on the quilt along (which is already finished), so there isn’t really any rush to finish. I’m taking my time and enjoying the process. Just a few more seams and the top will be finished! I will be hand quilting this one.



Dots Swap!: I’m co-hosting a swap for the first time, which is a new kind of WIP for me. I really enjoyed designing the button and look forward to the swap itself. (I’m not counting this in my stats since it’s a swap.)


On Hold
Blueberry Pie
Call Me Crazy {17/42 blocks complete}
Color Book
Scrappy Nine-Patch {12/70 blocks complete}
Valentine’s Day Half-Square Triangles

Stats
New projects: 0
Completed projects: 0
Total projects: 14

6 comments:

  1. oh, your kaleidoscope is lovely!! REALLY nice! Looking forward to swapping dots with you SOON!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything looks great! Can't wait to see that Kaleidoscope together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. dots swap?! wish i were part of that! i haven't quite figured out all this "swappy" stuff on blogland yet, lol. great progress :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking forward to seeing the right side of your whole W/C top :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. That swap looks interesting. Love the Kaleidoscope quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, that's awesome that you're planning to hand quilt your warm/cool quilt!

    How fun that you're hosting your first swap! I'm soooo sad that I missed the signups by a day -- I love dots. It's only seventeen minutes past midnight where I am... :D

    ReplyDelete