Wednesday, July 13, 2011

WIP Wednesday: July 13, 2011

I am really trying to buckle down and finish my WIPs! This last week, I finished the second Yellow Brick Road baby quilt. I had a deadline, so I put everything else aside until I completed it. Finishing is a great feeling, but I’ve got a long way to go on the rest of my projects.

Check out Freshly Pieced for more WIP Wednesday goodness.

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced
Current Projects

Color Book: I sewed the pages into pairs this week. I’m not very motivated to work on this project as I am still mulling over what I want to do for the cover. I’m thinking of deviating from the pattern.



Kaleidoscope Quilt Along: I finished cutting everything except my neutral fabric. Now I need to take a break from cutting. Blast these templates! I started pinning and should be ready for a nice long chain piecing session soon. Oh, and I couldn’t resist adding some 1001 Peeps Pearl Bracelet in purple. I’m so glad I did!



Warm Cool Quilt Along: This week I pieced the Half-Square Triangle blocks into pairs. I wish I had more time to devote to this one. I love the pattern that the warm/cool, print/solid dichotomy makes.


On Hold
Blueberry Pie
Call Me Crazy {17/42 blocks complete}
Scrappy Nine-Patch {12/70 blocks complete}
Valentine’s Day Half-Square Triangles

Stats
New projects: 0
Completed projects: 1
Total projects: 14

Check back later this week for an exciting announcement!


7 comments:

  1. Love the peeps pearl bracelet you added to your kaleidoscope! Nice! And your warm/cool is sooo nice - I love how you did the solids vs. the prints!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I can't wait to see how your kaleidoscope comes together! Go, you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the fabric for the kaleidoscope, it will be great. Also your HST block, I just love that block, every time I see it I just know I need to make some up. Perhaps this winter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. very nice things in the works.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there, just found you through the link up! Love the colors in that last photo - so relaxing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your warm/cool quilt along quilt is going to be beautiful! I love it!

    ReplyDelete