Saturday, February 28, 2015

Cotton + Steel Sparkle Canvas Bag

Recently I bought some Cotton + Steel Sparkle Canvas, and it was just begging to be turned into a bag. I loosely followed the instructions for the Button-Down Shirt Bag out of Ruby Star Wrapping by Melody Miller and Allison Tannery. Instead of using a button-down shirt for the exterior, I whipped up a couple of simple patchwork panels out of a few Cotton + Steel fat quarters from my stash. The Sparkle Canvas was used as the lining and handles. I was really pleased with it. It was easy to sew with, and gave the bag some heft without having to fiddle with interfacing. While I used this as a gift bag, the recipient could easily use it as a tote bag. Needless to say, I would definitely make a bag like this again.
Photo by Debbie Jeske

1 comment:

  1. I love it! And silly me, I didn't realize/remember the sparkle was canvas - definitely gives a nice structure to the bag!

    ReplyDelete