Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Scrap Attack!


I have too many scraps. Since 2000, I have never thrown away a scrap that I thought I could use later. Things are starting to get out of hand. It’s not that I don’t use them – I do! My Blueberry Pie quilt is made mostly of scraps. Out of my nine current WIPs (woo! I’m down to single digits!), five heavily feature scraps. They must multiply whenever I turn my back. It’s high time I did something about it! I’ve decided to join Scrap Attack! at Stitched in Color. The problem is, I can’t decide what to make first: Granny Squares or x & + blocks or something else entirely. Thoughts?

3 comments:

  1. Why don't you just start making blocks and see where the scraps lead you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Either sound great! Other options might be asterisk or wonky cross blocks...I agree with Cindy - at least debut a few blocks & see what feels good...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Susan, the History Quilter just posted a quilt, School Yard, that would be scrap friendly...

      Delete