Friday, February 3, 2012

Flashback Friday #17: Summer in the Suburbs Mini Quilt


Ah, the Moda tins. There is just something about cute fabric, a cute pattern, and cute packaging that, taken together, I find hard to resist. My favorite was the Tin Box Sampler for Summer in the City by Urban Chiks. The top came together over a quiet weekend in August 2010, and the whole thing was finished in September 2010. I learned two things from this quilt: I do not like partial seams, and I do like working with 1.5” squares. One of these days, I will tweak this pattern so that I can make a similar quilt without partial seams. This mini quilt is approximately 16” by 16” and now lives with a summery friend.

1 comment:

  1. You and your tins! Love how you love them! Very cute, Rachel - and hand-quilted?

    ReplyDelete