Saturday, November 12, 2011

Saturday Sweetness: Apple Pie Mulled Cider


Last week, I made a mulled cider recipe that I found online. I received a lot of compliments on it, but it wasn’t to my taste. Mulled cider was on my mind for days afterwards, so I concocted a recipe of my own and made it today. I like it a lot better. Here’s my recipe:

Apple Pie Mulled Cider

Ingredients:
1 gallon (16 cups) apple cider or apple juice
4 cinnamon sticks
2 vanilla beans
2 oranges

Directions:
Get out your crock pot or slow cooker and place it where you want to serve the cider. Toss in the cinnamon sticks. Split the vanilla beans and scrape out the seeds. Add vanilla beans and seeds to the crock pot. Juice and zest the oranges and add to the crock pot. Pour the apple cider over the yumminess already in the crock pot and give it a good stir. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours. Grab your strainer and take out the cinnamon sticks, vanilla bean pods and some of the zest.  Enjoy!

Note: The backdrop of the picture above is a table runner given to me by Debbie of A Quilter’s Table. Check out her Tuesday at the Table link-ups for more yummy recipes.

2 comments:

  1. Glad your shared the recipe - it WAS yummy!! Love the 'make-it-in-the-crockpot idea!! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love a great apple cider and this one sounds great! I'll have to make it this winter!

    ReplyDelete