Friday, November 11, 2011

Flashback Friday #12: Queen B


What do you give the couple that has it all? A hand-made quilt, of course! When one of my husband’s best friends announced his upcoming wedding, my husband requested that I sew a queen-size quilt for the happy couple. I was hesitant to commit to such a large project, since the last large quilt I had made took me four years to complete. My husband promised he would help me, so I agreed. I selected a few “easy” patterns that I would be willing to make, and he picked out the one he liked best (Happy Medium from Quilts & More, Summer 2009). He also took me to my favorite quilt store and helped me pick out the fabrics. While I did all of the sewing, my husband took care of the bulk of the cutting and pressing. I could not have completed this quilt without his help. Once the top was complete, I sent it off to Girton Creations to be professionally quilted. Darlene quilted it in a lovely pattern, reminiscent of champagne bubbles. This quilt was started in September of 2009 and finished in July of 2010. I’m happy with how it turned out, but am disinclined to make such a large quilt any time soon.

3 comments:

  1. So beautiful. That is one big quilt!! I love that you and hubby made it together - very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks fabulous! Congrats to Team Sweetness!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great quilt! And how cool that your husband did so much to help!

    ReplyDelete