Monday, January 7, 2019

September 2018 in Review/Graduated Bars Quilt



In July and August, I was heavily pregnant and very uncomfortable. I machine sewed the binding on my Graduated Bars quilt on July 1, but didn’t finish hand sewing it on until September, after my baby was born. This quilt was made as a gift, and even though it’s very simple, it took several years from inspiration to completion. The middle panel is made out of several strips from a Kona Jelly Roll, along with strips of Kona Silver, if my memory is correct. I based the design of the quilt off of a sculpture I saw on Instagram. Sadly, I lost the inspiration photo when my phone failed, and I don’t remember the name of the sculptor. I’m really happy with the finished quilt, and hope the recipient is too.




4 comments:

  1. Simple, yet pretty. I love the quilting texture. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a very good post .Thanks for letting us know some good tips . I
    like your many articles it will help not only me and also many newbie Student Help

    ReplyDelete
  3. Found your post interesting to read. I cant wait to see your post soon. Good Luck for the upcoming update.This article is really very interesting and effective. Please visit my blog Methods of Calculating Percenatage

    ReplyDelete