Wednesday, January 9, 2019

October 2018 in Review/Lusk Mini Quilt #1 (Monochromatic)



Carolyn Friedlander is the reason I can make paper pieced quilts. I took a class from her at QuiltCon 2015 and her way of explaining the technique was super helpful. When she announced her Mini Quilt Along this summer, I knew I wanted to participate, even if the heat and my pregnancy sapped me of energy. I only managed to make one mini quilt, based on the first prompt, which was “monochromatic.”  I pulled a bunch of purple scraps and made a few mini Sessom blocks from Carolyn’s Lusk mini quilt patternIt was my only finished in October, but it was a satisfying finish. The finished mini quilt is about 12” by 12” and I love it. 

2 comments:

  1. Really lovely! And yay for a little paper piecing now and then!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great post ! what amazing collection of designs keep sharing
    CSUF Student Portal

    ReplyDelete