Thursday, November 15, 2018

February 2018 in Review

February was a productive month. I finished two garments, two gifts for my QuiltCon roomies and two gift bags. 



After making a practice Seamwork Sadie Sweatshirt in January, I immediately turned around and made another one in February. I used sweatshirt fabric for the first time and it turned out great! This is definitely a go-to pattern for when I want to make something cozy and warm for the fall and winter months. 

The next garment I made was a Driftless Cardigan from Grainline Studio. The fabric is Robert Kaufman Laguna Jersey in Onyx. I was a little intimidated by all the pieces, but once they were cut out, the cardigan came together easily enough. I absolutely love the pockets and this is definitely on my "to make again" list. 

For QuiltCon this year, I shared a hotel room with two other people and I decided to make them each a small gift. I've also wanted to make mini composition book covers ever since I make a full sized one back in 2015. I’m really happy with how they turned about and would make them again. 

The orange bag was made from the tried-and-true Lined Drawstring Bag pattern by Jeni Baker. Since I’ve made a ton of them already, for the next gift bag, I branched out a bit and made a Pillowcase Pouch from the book Ruby Star Wrapping, by Melody Miller and Allison Tannery. I added a button and buttonhole to secure it, which was fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment