Tuesday, November 20, 2018

March 2018 in Review

In March this year, I managed to finish two things: a Sessoms mini quilt and a quilted Weebrawbag. 



When Carolyn Friedlander re-released her Sessoms quilt pattern, it caught my eye. I’m usually not a fan of paper piecing, so I decided to do a small mini quilt version to figure out if I wanted to make a larger quilt or not. I grabbed a bunch of scraps, printed out a few copies of the template and set to work. enjoyed making the blocks, and would definitely like to make a larger version of this pattern sometime. For now, I sewed together what I had completed and made a fun mini quilt. One thing I learned is that I should print out more templates than I think I need to account for the inevitable mistakes I’ll make, since my paper piecing skills still have room for improvement. 

Speaking of things I enjoy, I really like the Weebrawbag pattern by Laura Zuckerkuss. I changed it up a bit by using a quilted slab left over from the Improv Composition Book Cover I made years ago, and by making four little pockets on the inside instead of two on the outside. I’m really happy with the end product, and it felt good to put the remnant from my other project to good use. 

No comments:

Post a Comment