Tuesday, July 24, 2018

January 2018 in Review



This past January didn't contain many finishes, due to first trimester fatigue. However, I was really happy with the two things I did manage to finish! 

The Sadie Sweatshirt pattern is from the November 2017 issue of Seamwork. I purchased some French Terry fabric from Mood Fabrics as my "wearable muslin" fabric and it was really easy to work with and is quite warm and cozy. The pattern was easy to follow and I had no fit issues. I really enjoyed wearing this shirt this winter, especially since it had pockets! I made a second version in February and hope to make at least one more this coming Fall/Winter. 

My husband and I attend the Penny Arcade Expo every year, and since I've learned to knit, I like to take along an easy, mindless knitting project to work on while we wait in lines (and there are a lot of lines to wait in). In August 2017, I started a Boom Shawl with DK yarn from House of a la Mode. The pattern is by Playing with Fibre, and was sufficiently easy and mindless. The speckled yarn was fun to knit and I was pleased with the end result, despite the fact that the edge finishing wasn't my favorite. I ended up giving this shawl to my grandma for her birthday. 

Related Posts 

No comments:

Post a Comment