Monday, May 12, 2014

Me-Made-May’14: Week 2

Week 2 of Me-Made-May has been successfully completed! Since this event is all about actually wearing what you sew, I pulled out a garment that I was so underwhelmed by when it was finished that I never blogged about it and never even consider wearing it. Last fall, I sewed up a black Staple Dress as part of a costume. Since I was under a deadline, I cut corners and I’m not pleased with the end result. Some of the French seams are messy. It’s fine for a casual day with family, but I wouldn’t wear it around anyone I’m trying to impress. I also left off the pockets, so when I wear it, I’m constantly trying to put my cell phone in nonexistent pockets, which is rather annoying. Lesson learned: haste makes waste. The rest of the week, I relied on my ubiquitous Wiksten tanks.

Sunday, May 4, 2014: Black Staple Dress (previously unblogged)
Monday, May 5, 2014: Gridlocked Wiksten Tank
Tuesday, May 6, 2014: Twinkle Twinkle Wiksten Tank
Wednesday, May 7, 2014: Pearl Bracelet Wiksten Tank
Thursday, May 8, 2014: Cattitude Wiksten Tank
Friday, May 9, 2014: Grey Eyelet Wiksten Tank
Saturday, May 10, 2014: Gridlocked Wiksten Tank

me-made-may'14

1 comment:

  1. I've loved seeing you in garments you've made this month!

    ReplyDelete