Friday, December 23, 2011

Flashback Friday #15: Batik Table Runner


I am very blessed to be one of several quilters in my family. In addition to my mom, my husband’s grandmother is also a quilter. A couple of years ago, she gave me a kit by Timeless Treasures. The pattern called for offsetting the rows and trimming off a significant portion of some of the blocks. I didn’t want to make a bunch of blocks and then discard part of them, so I decided to tweak the pattern. I made the blocks as instructed, but rotated them instead of offsetting them. As I worked on the blocks, I realized that with the addition of a few leftover fabrics  from other projects, I could stretch the kit and make a table runner in addition to the small quilt. I knew that it would take me awhile to finish the quilt, so I focused on whipping up a table runner for my husband’s grandmother, keeping in mind that her favorite color is green. I especially enjoyed hand quilting it in a cross-hatch pattern. Needless to say, she was happy to receive it. This runner was finished in August of 2010.

1 comment: