Saturday, October 15, 2011

Saturday Sweetness: French Toast Twist


Recently, I had an overwhelming craving for a maple bar doughnut. I ate a run-of-the-mill maple bar, but it did not satisfy. Luckily, a couple weeks later I was in the neighborhood of Frost Doughnuts. If you live in the greater Seattle area and haven’t visited Frost yet, you really should. They make a wide variety of doughnuts fresh daily. The day I visited, they had quite a few choices that involved maple, such as the Smokey Maple Bacon Bar and the classic Maple Bar. I decided to try a new-to-me doughnut, the French Toast Twist. It satisfied my craving perfectly. Simply put, it was a cinnamon twist with maple frosting, but it was so much more than that. The amount of maple frosting was just right, and not too sweet. The cinnamon and nutmeg added depth. Best of all, the texture was perfect: chewy and fresh. It was like the good people of Frost had scanned my brain and created the perfect doughnut for my particular craving. They also have fun seasonal offerings, and I can’t wait to try one of their pumpkin doughnuts. Trouble is, they have at least four different doughnuts that involve pumpkin right now, so it might take me awhile to decide which one to try first. Maybe I’ll just have to try them all!

5 comments:

  1. That looks so good! And you are making me a little sad that I live in rural Indiana. Not many fun doughnut shops here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this sounds heavenly and I've never had any type of donut like that at all. Bacon + donut = wonderful, I can imagine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok hermana, next time I'm home, can we try to have a field trip to the Smokey Maple Bacon bar? I just drooled. No joke.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahaha......so glad you were able to satisfy your craving! FROST really is a treat!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, that sounds deliscious. Maybe it is a good thing I dont live near Seatle.

    ReplyDelete