Friday, April 24, 2015

Me-Made-May ‘15

Last year, I had a blast participating in Me-Made-May, so of course I’m going to join in again this year. I reread my posts from 2014, and it was a lot of fun seeing how much my garment sewing game has improved over the course of a year. Last year, my handmade wardrobe consisted of ten items: seven shirts and three dresses sewn from only four different patterns. This year, even after my decluttering exercise and putting away fall/winter pieces, I have fifteen items for my spring/summer me-made wardrobe: nine shirts, two dresses, three cardigans and one pair of leggings, made from seven unique patterns. I hope to have a few more garments under my belt by the time the sun sets on May 31, but we’ll see. Me-Made-May is about wearing your handmade garments, not about panic sewing more. Here’s my pledge for this year:

‘I, Rachel of Snippets of Sweetness, sign up as a participant of Me-Made-May ’15. I endeavor to wear at least one handmade garment each day for the duration of May 2015 and to make one garment out of rayon.’

Like last year, I will post weekly updates on my blog, but will be posting more frequently on Instagram (@snippetsofsweetness).

1 comment:

  1. Impressed with the 'growth' from last year. Have a fun May and good luck with that rayon!

    ReplyDelete