Monday, July 29, 2013

Emerald Bracelet Lap Quilt

Ready to see my latest quilt finish? Here it is!
 
 

This quilt has been on my mind for what seems like years, but it only took about five months from cutting to binding. The pattern is Spice Market by Modern Quilt Studio, and I made the 50” x 80” napping size. The top is pieced from a variety of Kona solids, the backing is Pearl Bracelet by Lizzy House, and the binding is Crosshatch Sketch by Timeless Treasures. I quilted it with white Aurifil 50 WT thread.
 
 

The pattern was easy to follow and the piecing technique was enjoyable. I’m contemplating making another one in all blues, or low volume, or scrappy, or… I'll just put this pattern back on the shelf until I decide which color scheme to use next.
 





 

11 comments:

  1. This is just stunning! Green IS my favorite so I might be a bit biased ;-) Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful greens and great choice of backing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful. It'd definitely look good in a whole range of colour schemes. Love the variety of greens and the backing. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh this turned out beautifully, Rachel! What a lovely mix of greens, and the gridded quilting is perfect for this pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not normally a green person, but this has converted me. So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been contemplating an all-green quilt for a while now, and I love this one! The pattern looks fun but not fussy which is key. Excellent choice on the quilting, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful quilt! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The variety of greens is so refreshing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My niece wants an all green quilt. This gives me some good ideas. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete