Where did May go? I swear I just saw it around here a moment ago…
So I didn’t finish much in May: just a shirt and a few gift bags. Since I don’t have many finishes to share, I thought this would be a good time to take stock of my unfinished and not-yet-started items, if only for my own benefit.
- Valentine’s Half-Square Triangles: This is the quilt that never ends. I just keep buying and adding more fabric for it. I’d like to finish this by July 2013, since I started it in July 2011.
- 2012 Memory Quilt: I have a few block made and many more to go. Very low priority.
- Low-Volume Hexies: Since I only pick these up when I have a craving for hand work, progress has been slow. Not sure what these are going to turn into, but I’m in no hurry to find out.
- Halloween Quilt: Love the progress on this so far, but ran out of steam once the Christmas season hit last year. I’ll probably restart this in September or October, when I’m in the mood for fall again.
- Cuzco Improv: The problem with improv is that sometimes you don’t like what you’ve done, and it’s unclear how to fix it. This one is waiting for inspiration to strike.
- Emerald Bracelet: The top is pieced! Next step is basting so that I can get this baby quilted. I’d like to gift this in June, so it’s at the top of my list of things to finish.
- Spring Snack Bags: Just making some smaller bags from the fabric left over from the Mother’s Day Gift Bags. I love giving gifts in handmade bags, but hate scrambling to sew them at the last minute, so I’d like to build up a stash of fabric gift bags in various sizes.
- Father’s Day Gift Bags: Fabric is picked out and ready to be cut. Must get these done before we celebrate Father’s day.
- Patchwork, Please! Tea Bag Pouch: Fabric is picked out and ready to be cut. With the Zakka 2.0 Sewalong starting on Monday, this is also on the top of my list to finish.
Not Yet Started
- Most of the projects for the Zakka 2.0 Sewalong. Must get cracking!
- Flurry Quilt: I have fabric set aside for this, but have not chosen a pattern yet.
- Terrain Quilt: I have a jelly roll, backing fabric and binding fabric set aside to make a sixteen-patch quilt, inspired by Blue Elephant Stitches.
- Good Fortune Quilt: Again, I have fabric for the top, backing and binding set aside, as well as a pattern.
- Starry Baby Quilt: I have fabric set aside for a baby quilt like the one that Modern Balabusta made.
- Scrappy Tripalong: I’m still editing my fabric choices for this one, but can’t wait to start!
- Laurel Shirt: I bought fabric to make another Laurel shirt, but need to make a muslin in a bigger size first.
- Taffy Blouse: I bought some voile to make a Taffy Blouse, but also want to make a muslin first.