Friday, May 27, 2011

Flashback Friday #2: Quilt in a Day Flying Geese Baby Quilt #1


After my queen-sized Log Cabin quilt, I was ready for something smaller and quicker. I decided on a baby quilt, even though I didn’t know anybody that was having a baby at the time. Soon after, so many people were having babies that I couldn’t keep up! I chose the Quilt in a Day Flying Geese pattern and bought both of the templates. At the time, I lived very close to Eleanor Burns’ shop and visited there when my family came to visit. My mom and I put together the quilt top over a long weekend. I was able to hand quilt it in under four months. The best friend of my roommate at the time knew that she would be a single mother before the baby was even born, so I made this quilt especially for her baby. My roommate picked out the turtle focus fabric and I picked a variety of fabrics to match. I never met the baby that this quilt belongs to, but that’s okay.

2 comments:

  1. Darling quilt & fond memories helping you put it together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thougth i posted a comment but it didn't take!
    I love your quilt, adding it to my list of things to do!

    ReplyDelete