Monday, November 28, 2016

October 2016 in Review


Finished


Lizzy House Glam Clam Quilt: My big finish for October was the Glam Clam quilt that I started in April. I really loved how it turned out. You can read more about it here. 

Jam-Packed Gift Bag: I needed a gift bag for my dad's birthday present, so I tried out the Jam-Packed bag from the book For Keeps: Meaningful Patchwork for Everyday Living by Amy Gibson. I add a couple inches to the length, and it was just the right size for the gift. The pattern was originally intended as a lunch bag, and so called for Insul-Brite. I used regular batting instead and quilted the outer fabric. It was fun to make, and I'd like to try enlarging it for Christmas gift bags. 

Christmas Gift Bag: It's never too early to start making gift bags for Christmas. I used 5" square scraps to whip up a quick drawstring bag. 

Started


Building Blocks Shawl: Aside from my Glam Clam quilt, the project that absorbed most of my creative energy in October was this year's Westknits Mystery Knitalong, the Building Blocks Shawl. I decided to join last minute and was obsessed with it until the final clue was realized, and then lost some steam. 

Existing WIP


Rae Scarf: Even though my Building Blocks Shawl took most of my knitting attention, it was a bit awkward to tote around. I kept my Rae Scarf in my purse for on-the-go knitting and made good progress. I'm almost halfway done! 


1 comment:

  1. Your Clam Quilt is so striking - masterful use of those blues. And FUN you found a new gift bag pattern!

    ReplyDelete