Friday, June 27, 2014

Button-Down Gift Bags

Last Father’s Day, I planned on making gift bags for the fathers in my life, but ran out of time. This year, I was determined not to let that happen again. Spring is a busy time of year at my day job, so this year I decided that in order to reach my goal, I needed something quick and simple. My husband donated a button-down shirt to the cause, and with the help of a bobbin of elastic thread left over from my Domino Staple Dress, I managed to quickly whip up two gift bags with a masculine flair. After I finished them, I realized they were an unconscious mash-up of two patterns from the book Ruby Star Wrapping: the Simple Drawstring Bag and the Button-Down Shirt Bag. I might have to grab more elastic thread, because these were so quick and easy!


1 comment: