Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Mini Doll Quilts for the Traveling Toddler



Our family did a bit of traveling this summer, so I was on the look-out for small, portable toys that would keep my sweet toddler entertained on-the-go. Her favorite toys are baby dolls, but her normal dolls were too big for long trips. I bought a few Disney Princess Magiclip figures, which she liked, but something was missing. They didn’t have blankets! (My daughter loves piling blankets and quilts on dolls and people alike. I wonder where she gets it from?)
 


One evening, I sat down with my box of 5” charm squares and my bag of leftover binding, and in no time I had a custom mini doll quilt for each princess. I popped the dolls and mini quilts in a previously made drawstring bag, and they ended up being a welcome distraction while traveling.
 
 

3 comments:

  1. Looks like you had some good fun quilting too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! And your corners look perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant idea! My 4yo has some of these little princesses, I think she would love to make tiny quilts for them!

    ReplyDelete