Saturday, September 24, 2011

Saturday Sweetness: Salted Chocolate Chip Cookies


A while ago, my mom made cookies for a catered event. Since she knows how much I love her backed baked goods, she let me sample each of the three kinds of cookies she made. They were all delectable, but I especially like the Salted Chocolate Chip Cookies. (No surprise there.) A few weeks later, I made them myself. To make sure they were extra-special, I used Maldon sea salt and Ghirardelli dark chocolate chips. You can make similar cookies by whipping up your favorite chocolate chip cookies and sprinkling them with a healthy dash of sea salt just before baking. I will definitely make Salted Chocolate Chip Cookies again.


2 comments:

  1. Oh my. Never would have thought of doing that. My Grandma made a batch of big sugar cookies once and salted them by accident. She salted them like she was sprinkling sugar for four little kids. They were horrid. Maybe sea salt, or salting before baking is what makes the difference....or chocolate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmmmmmm. You feel free to make those ANY time you want! That Maldon is pretty cool, as far as salt goes!

    ReplyDelete